Storage Care and Charging of Lithium Ion / Polymers
Basic Charging of the Fromeco Relion and Peerless line of batteries.
- FROMECO receiver packs must be charged with a lithium charger set to "2 series" or "7.4 volts"
- After charging, FROMECO receiver packs must not exceed 8.4 volts
- Charge FROMECO receiver packs at a rate not to exceed 1C. Use a lower rate (0.5 to 0.8) for longest life.
- FROMECO packs should be charged at temperatures above 50F (10C)
- Do not store lithium packs at temperatures above 140F (60C), because cells may degrade.
Storing your Fromeco Batteries Relion and Peerless, for 2 Months or longer.
- Discharge packs to "7.7-7.4 volts" or to about a 1/2 to 1/3 charge.
- Monitor batteries regularly, ensure battery voltages remain above "7.0 volts".
- Please do not store batteries fully charged, sells may degrade under a full charge if stored for long periods of time.
- Lithium chemistries have a nominal shelf life of 2 years, it is always a good idea to write the date you receive your Fromeco batteries on the pack.
- Lithium batteries store best at "below room temperature (between 0C~32F and 25C~77F)"; Fromeco recommends that you store them no lower than Freezing or 32F~0C. DO NOTstore at extremely cold temperatures: keep temperature greater than -4F (-20C). The electrolyte will freeze at approximately -40F (-40C).
|Storage Temperature||40% Charge||100% Charge|
|0 °C (32 °F)||2% loss after 1 year||6% loss after 1 year|
|25 °C (77 °F)||4% loss after 1 year||20% loss after 1 year|
|40 °C (104 °F)||15% loss after 1 year||35% loss after 1 year|
|60 °C (140 °F)||25% loss after 1 year||40% loss after 1 year|
Discharging packs to test capacity.
- Fromeco Lithium Ions do not need to be cycled.
- When checking capacity of a Lithium Ion, do not discharge packs lower than "6.0 volts".
- Discharging below "6.0 volts" will provide no usefull data and may degrade the cells.
- Nominal test discharge rate (per cell manufacturers and industry standard) is C/5. Test load should be under 1A.
- Please recharge promptly following a test discharge