Storage Care and Charging of Lithium Ion / Polymers
Basic Charging of the Fromeco Relion and Peerless line of batteries.
- FROMECO receiver packs must be charged with a lithium charger set to "2 series" or "7.4 volts"
- After charging, FROMECO receiver packs must not exceed 8.4 volts
- Charge FROMECO receiver packs at a rate not to exceed 1C. Use a lower rate (0.5 to 0.8) for longest life.
- FROMECO packs should be charged at temperatures above 50F (10C)
- Do not store lithium packs at temperatures above 140F (60C), because cells may degrade.
Storing your Fromeco Batteries Relion and Peerless, for 2 Months or longer.
- Discharge packs to "7.7-7.4 volts" or to about a 1/2 to 1/3 charge.
- Monitor batteries regularly, ensure battery voltages remain above "7.0 volts".
- Please do not store batteries fully charged, sells may degrade under a full charge if stored for long periods of time.
- Lithium chemistries have a nominal shelf life of 2 years, it is always a good idea to write the date you receive your Fromeco batteries on the pack.
- Lithium batteries store best at "below room temperature (between 0C~32F and 25C~77F)"; Fromeco recommends that you store them no lower than Freezing or 32F~0C. DO NOTstore at extremely cold temperatures: keep temperature greater than -4F (-20C). The electrolyte will freeze at approximately -40F (-40C).
|Storage Temperature||40% Charge||100% Charge|
|0 °C (32 °F)||2% loss after 1 year||6% loss after 1 year|
|25 °C (77 °F)||4% loss after 1 year||20% loss after 1 year|
|40 °C (104 °F)||15% loss after 1 year||35% loss after 1 year|
|60 °C (140 °F)||25% loss after 1 year||40% loss after 1 year|
Discharging packs to test capacity.
- Fromeco Lithium Ions do not need to be cycled.
- When checking capacity of a Lithium Ion, do not discharge packs lower than "6.0 volts".
- Discharging below "6.0 volts" will provide no usefull data and may degrade the cells.
- Nominal test discharge rate (per cell manufacturers and industry standard) is C/5. Test load should be under 1A.
- Please recharge promptly following a test discharge
All we have for balancing plugs are a 3 conductor JR plugs which will fit into a XH connector. We would add a Dollar to the pack for the Balance connector on any pack that was purchased to request a balance lead you would have to call in to have it added to your order (Thurs. Fri.). Our lead time is 2 weeks, however we usually get batteries out the following Monday of the week the battery was ordered in because all products are built on Thurs., Fri., and Sat.
I’m interested in switching to your Lithium Ion RX battery packs. I have been using the Troy Built packs that come with a deans connector and a balance plug in their 2 cell packs. What is the lead time and price added for the balance plug? Thanks, Rich